Saturday 29 September 2012

When Opportunity Knocks


I know that I’m a bad person. Sometimes I really try to do the right thing but certain opportunities present themselves and they need to be exploited.

Today I was on a mini road trip with some friends. We had stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a few things.

I was standing there in the pet section when the heavens opened. I could hear angels singing. Sparkling silver glitter was falling from above and I could see a rainbow. There, right in front of me was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen; more magnificent that Kate Upton riding topless on a winged unicorn. Never in all my life could I have imagined something so awesome. There in front of me was a can of dog food that looked just like people food.

This can of dog food looked just like some chunky stew one might buy at the grocery store. The picture had big juicy chunks of beef with peas and carrots. I had to pick it up and take a closer look. The only place that dog food was mentioned was in small print on the back.

There are times in my life when I wonder what I did to deserve something so wonderful, times such as these. It was clear to me know what I had to do. There was only one thing I could do. I had to buy 3 cans of this dog food and put it in the food cupboard at work.

I know that I will likely miss the moment someone microwaves what looks to be the most delicious beef stew, but it still makes me giggle inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment