Wednesday 19 September 2012

Facebook should be parent free.


One of the things I love most about my friends is how quickly they inform me that my father is using Facebook unsupervised. Of course they will like his posts and add comments prior to informing me.

Unfortunately for me my father believes he is funny. My father loves Facebook and posts without any discretion. I spend a large portion of my life un-tagging myself in his photos. I don’t even know where he finds half of these photos anyway. It is hard enough for me to keep a low profile and keep pictures of the internet, but having a parent put this shit up is the worst.

News flash father: my fiancĂ© and I broke up 4 years ago. There is no need to tag her and me in photos anymore. She is no longer going to be your ``future daughter in-law``. Do you have any idea how often this comes up with women I try to date? We’ll be at dinner and they will ask if I’m seeing anyone. I’ll say no and then they will ask why I was tagged in a photo yesterday with my fiancĂ©. FML

Parents should not be allowed to use Facebook especially if they were born over a half century ago. At first I was sure my dad had no idea of the irreparable damage he was doing to mY rep and social life; but now I’m thinking he might.

No comments:

Post a Comment