Wednesday 26 September 2012

Haunted Past



My past tends to haunt me more than I would like sometimes. Today in a bizarre twist I was reminded of a girl I met many years ago. I saw someone on the news that looked familiar but thought nothing of it. A minute later a got a text message from friend who had seen the same thing. He said “… isn't that the chick you hooked up with when you took that crazy week of work?”

That’s when it hit me. Such a memorable event in my life had happened and when I saw this girl it didn't spark much more than familiarity. Am I losing grip on my reality? Have I had so many “significant” moments in my life that their importance has been diluted?

Sometimes I over analyze everything.

I met this girl and her friend one night when I was working the front door of a nightclub. The club was busy and I was flirting with girls in line. I had then let in a group of girls I was flirting with when this girl (we can call her Coco) grabbed my arm, pulled me close and whispered into my ear “I am way more fun than any of those girls. Why don’t you let me and my friend in and we will show you how much fun we can be.” She then licked my ear. Of course the only reasonable response was to let them in.

At the end of the night I found Coco and her friend inside the club. We chatted for a bit. They were from back east and only visiting for a week. Coco asked if I would show them around town.

The following night I took Coco and her friend out on the town and we hit up four or five clubs and proceeded to drink ourselves stupid. At the end of the night I called a limo to take the girls back to their hotel. The limo came and Coco and her friend got in. I went to close the door and Coco said “ Aren't you coming too? I promised we were fun but we haven’t done anything fun yet.”

We got back to their hotel and ordered some champagne. They had one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever been in. The champagne arrived and Coco took the first bottle, shook it and opened it. Champagne sprayed everywhere. She but her thumb over the opening and shook it some more completely soaking her friend. It was at this point that I knew I would not be going into work for the rest of the week.

I spent the better part of the next several days either in the hotel room or at a nightclub or afterhours club. The whole week had blurred together. I couldn't tell if I was still drunk but was sure I was as we had not stopped drinking other than to sleep; although there wasn't much sleeping.

This had become a week of pure legendary debauchery of which I was more than willing to partake. It was a week that I would often come to want to relive. Two hot girls from the other side of the country here to have “fun” and I had them all to myself.

Thinking back to the news I had been watching it occurred to me that I never even got to know them as people. Cliché? I know. I guess that was never the intention. However it will now also be one of those moments I will reflect on for the rest of my life. I suddenly wanted to know more about Coco. We had an amazing time but in reality it was hollow and meant nothing more than having some fun.

This had become another moment that was too late. It was too late to get to know Coco and I would never have the chance. She was on the news because she was dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment